Forex Prop Firms offer traders of all skills and funding levels an amazing opportunity to kick start a professional trading career. More importantly, funded trader opportunities lower the risk.
Our team of traders has reviewed Forex Prop Firms using the funded trader review process and review criteria defined in this breakdown.
While commonly referred to as Forex Prop Firms, these companies are so much more in 2022. Traders from around the world can trade instruments around the clock 7 days a week. Traders now have cryptocurrency, index, commodity, and stock price tracking products available to trade as well.
What are Forex Prop Firms?
The trader enters an agreement with the company to trade their money. The company takes on the risk, while the trader shares trading profits with the company.
Most prop firms we feature allow traders to trade freely, however, some might ask to obey particular rules to get funding.
There are several common types of ways to begin trading with a prop firm:
- Instant Funding – pay a fee and get instantly staked. Scale account for performance. Most expensive trader funding method in cost per drawdown, but can get get started right away.
- Trader Evaluation – complete trader evaluation and get to trade prop firm funds. Generally consists of having to reach profit target before hitting drawdown. Might include multiple phases.
- Accelerated or Hybrid Trader Funding Model – get evaluated for prop firm partnership with profit split or bonus paid during evaluation stage.
Update for Summer 2022, What changed?
Start of 2022 has been wild and volatile. Inflation worries, war in Ukraine causing extreme volatility across commodities and so much more.
World events put a lot of stress on Trader Funding companies as well, offering 500:1 leverage is fun and good until exotic pairs start having record swings on no liquidity with no change of successfully copying trader live accounts into real brokerage.
Additional review criteria – high volatility and adverse event handling
Here at Funded Trader Info we looked at the following:
- Survival – not only keeping doors open but still making big payments on time and not having service disruptions
- Product availability – did the prop firm still allow most advertised products to trade at advertised sizing. Important for traders to take advantage of high volatility
- Spreads during volatility
With additional scrutiny in mind, let’s
Top Proprietary Trading Firms
|Firm Name||Account Sizes||Top Features||Links|
|True Forex||$10,000 |
to $400,000 via two
$200k accounts with $20,000 Drawdown
|– 0 Days to funding|
– 7 Days a week trading and swing trading
– Massive Product Selection
– Tight spreads and good fills
– Bi-weekly payout
– Refundable fee
|View True Forex Programs|
|The Funded Trader Program||$50,000|
$48,000 drawdown $1,898
|Multiple Paths to funding|
Great drawdown / cost ratio
Refundable Fee (up to 150%)
Scaling plan up for performance
Up to 90% profit split
Multiple Broker options
|View The Funded Trader Program Evaluations|
(Use CRYPTO code to save 15%)
$25k drawdown 1,599EU
|– Multiple discounts now up to 50% off|
– Commissions for completing the evaluation. Up to $25,000 bonus for just completing the evaluation
– More funding awarded for good to performance $1M+
– 175+ Products including
|View Fidelcrest Packages|
(buy 2 programs for price of 1 special)
View Full Fidelcrest Review
|– Refundable Fee|
– Fast path to funding. 0 Day Minimum in evaluation
– First payout in 8 days
– Scaling up and career opportunities
– Trade Crypto 7 days a week. Best crypto spreads in funded trader Prop Firms.
|View E8 Funding Options|
View Full E8 Review
|MyForexFunds||Evaluation accounts from $84|
Instant and Accelerated trader funding options are available
|– Multiple ways to achieve funding|
– Established name with thousands of live traders
– Great value in drawdown per fee
– Refundable fee evaluation
|View My Forex Funds Programs|
$20k drawdown $1,080EU
|– Award-winning Fintech company that paid out traders over $27M in 2021|
– Profit split up to 90%
– Scale-up opportunity for good performance
|View FTMO Prop Firm Funding Options|
Full FTMO Review
Closed the doors
|Best Alternatives with instant funding:|
View My Forex Funds Programs
Fidelcrest’s business model is to find, train and evaluate Forex, CFD, and Crypto traders. Fidelcrest Trading Challange has been around since 2018. Trader evaluation course for new small traders and pro traders alike.
✅ Traders looking for high quality and low-cost prop firm partnership opportunity
✅ Earning commissions and profit split during evaluation. Up to $25,000 in compensation for completing Phase 2 of trader evaluation
✅ Trader Freedom to trade own style with no restrictions
✅ Traders Looking to trade multiple instruments under one account. World Index, stock, commodity, crypto, and metals all under one account.
Not Recommended For:
❌ Very short term crypto day traders, spreads are not fit for scalping and other very short term trading strategies
E8 Funding Prop Firm
The US-registered prop firm provides quick access to funding and career opportunities for traders around the world.
Best For Traders:
✅ Looking to get a low opportunity to access up to $20,000 in live account drawdown in a fast as 1 day
✅ Redunable fee program
✅Account scaling and career opportunities
✅ Best industry spreads for cryptocurrencies
✅ Low Profit Target to get funding. 8% in Phase 1 and 5% in Phase 2.
Not recommended for:
❌ Traders looking for the absolute best drawdown amount to cost ratio. While static overall drawdown is still very generous. There are options with more drawdown per dollar available for traders requiring more account room
DT4x Prop Firm is a trusted company providing traders with instant access to trading capital and quick account scale-up opportunities
DT4X is best for:
✅ Instant Funding.
✅ Experienced traders looking for funding without the hassle of completing evaluations
✅ Leverage a program fee into fast scaling trading career opportunity
Not recommended for:
❌ Traders looking to work on their trading during evaluations before trading live with the prop firm
Established European prop firm paying out almost $30,000,000 to traders in 2021.
FTMO Prop Form is best for:
✅ Traders looking for the opportunity to trade and scale their trading career with a world-renowned prop firm
✅ Low entry cost program with a refundable fee
✅ Diverse product selection – Forex, Crypto, Stocks, Commodities, and Indexes.
Not Recommended For:
❌ Traders looking to access from firm capital in less than 20 trading days
The Funded Trader Program
Fast-growing Forex prop firm with trader evaluation allowing access to capital in as few as 10 days.
TheFundedTarderProgram Best for:
✅ Elite Profit Target to Allowed Drawdown ratio.
✅ Low-cost opportunity to partner with a prop firm
✅ Refundable fee program
✅ Accounts with up to $48,000 drawdown to start are available for a refundable fee
✅ Multiple ways to achieve funding with one company
✅ Scaling plan up to $1.5M in funding and 90% profit split
✅ More Broker and Platform options than just MT4/MT5
Forex Funding Prop Firm Review Criteria
Forex Prop Firm space can be overwhelming. So many companies blasting ads and new companies popping up weekly claiming to be the best and most trader friendly. It is extremely difficult and time-consuming to compare and find the best deals in trader exams.
Most Prop Firm review websites copy and paste company profile information and call it a review. Here we trade with those prop firms and dig deep to review the process to evaluate everything down to spreads of DOGE/ETH and best VIX index trading hours.
We monitor forums, rating, and review sites to make sure the proprietary trading firms are not piling up bad reviews or have a history of improper behavior or not paying traders.
Many companies never even make the list despite having great theoretical value. We hope to lower the risk of traders having a bad experience with their funding companies.
We sometimes get compensated for sending customers to proprietary trading firms (see affiliate disclosure). This does not mean we promote whoever gives the best commission.
Companies that have the best parameters and trader-friendly environments are featured.
If you would like to challenge trading with companies that require much higher profit goals before funding for triple the price, we can help. Message us!
Not everybody has the patience to complete 100-day evaluations. Some traders like an educational bundle. Do you want to have an opportunity to be compensated for your evaluation time?
We feature the best in evaluations, instant funding, and trader compensation.
Some Prop firms allow cryptocurrency trading 7 days a week, others ask you to focus specifically on major forex pairs. We strive to help you find the best companies for the products of your choice.
Finding The Right Proprietary Trading Firm Tips
Many prop firms offer free trials. Take advantage of them, even if it’s just to look around for an hour. Things to inspect during the trial:
- Product Selection. Make sure the trader evaluation has the right products for you to trade.
- Spreads on the products. There are cases where companies offer products to trade, but spreads are set to be too high to be viable for day traders. If you are looking to swing trade those products, make sure holding over night and weekend is allowed.
- Platform. If you are unfamiliar with trading software it might take some time to get used to entering and managing trades. Best to practice execution before making account terminating mistake.
- Contract specification. Even though platforms might share the same trading software and product offering. There often is a difference in contract size or tick increment for various products. One company might have single Dow or US30 contract be $1 per point, the other $100.
- Shop for Best Prop Firm Deals – Nothing makes otherwise difficult rules seem beyond acceptable like a good 50% off evaluation deal. Keep an eye on Prop Firm Deals page for up to date information on best deals in the industry.